Saturday, August 10, 2013

Two are Better Than One

Tomorrow our very dear friends are recommitting their marriage to the Lord.  They have been married for 33 years.  Somewhere during those 33 years they began to lose each other.  They drifted farther and farther apart until they hardly recognized each other anymore.  Several weeks ago the beautiful bride shared her testimony at our women's group meeting.  She's given me permission to share it with you.  These are her words.  Enjoy.

I joined my church on September 11, 2011.  Two years prior to that my husband and I started having trouble in our marriage and going thru some struggles.  The devil took that opportunity to become ruler of my life.  I started thinking selfishly and turned angry and bitter toward my husband.  I was unfaithful and I blamed him to justify what I was doing.  I even asked him for a divorce.  I started doing things and hanging with people that I know I shouldn't have and I grew further and further away from God, so much that I did not recognize myself.  When I look back now it seems I am talking about a totally different person. I guess I am; because I am changed.


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; 
old things have passed away;
 behold, all things have become new. 
                                   2 Corinthians 5:17

I had a friend invite me to a weight loss group called "Biggest Loser".  I finally joined in November 2010 and I met a woman that changed my life forever!!  She started "stalking" me and telling me about exercise and losing weight.  She would drag me out for walks, but she did so much more that that.  She reintroduced me to Jesus.  Since then He has changed my heart, brought me thru cancer and made my marriage whole again.

I thought that as bad as the things I had done were that it would take me forever to make up for everything I did wrong.  When I asked for forgiveness the veil was lifted completely and I was totally forgiven.  Everything slowly started healing and becoming whole again.  At first I prayed for my husband (even though I did not want to), and I prayed that God would change him and make him the man I wanted him to be.  I never really believed he would change then God showed me a scripture in James that said if you pray not believing you were wasting your time.  


 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,
 who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 
 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting,
for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
                                        James 1:5-8

I began praying that He would change my heart and He did.  I started believing when I prayed for my husband that he could be changed.  Also thru reading many blogs and articles that my friend sent me I learned that my husband is a child of God too and that He loves him just as much as He does me.  

I was not only forgiven but my marriage has been restored.  He has given me an awesome group of friends who prayed me thru cancer and the healing of my marriage and so much more than I could have ever imagined.  I am closer to Him than ever before!!!!


Then He who sat on the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new.”
And He said to me,
“Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
                                 Revelation 21:5


I would like to thank my beautiful friend for sharing her testimony.  Our prayer is that you would be encouraged by what you have read here and that reading this story of what God has done will bring you hope.  We pray that God receives Glory and Honor!!! 

Be blessed!
Yolanda, the McLean Queen



No comments:

Post a Comment