Friday, June 7, 2013

I Just Turned 13!

I was born on May 1, 2000.  I'm sure some of you are thinking that I'm taking this faking my age thing a little too far.  I gave my life to Jesus Christ on May 1, 2000.  The old me is dead and I was given a new life thru Jesus Christ.  I'm still going to celebrate the day of my physical birth (August 28, I'm just saying).  I think the date of my spiritual birth is the one that really matters.

Let me tell you how I was introduced to Jesus.  It all started in 1999 when I went to work for a company called Charles Humphrey & Associates.  This company created and framed scripture pictures.  There were drawn images with scripture on them and there were beautifully hand-lettered calligraphy pictures.  The owner, Charles Humphrey, would hold a devotion and prayer time every Monday morning.  From time to time Mr. Humphrey would call employees into his office and discuss their faith with them.  Well, I worked in the office so I was called in to talk with him often.  He would invite me to church all the time and he would give me scriptures to reassure me.  Finally on Easter Sunday 2000 I decided to visit his church.  It's not lovely, but my thought was that if I go maybe it would "shut him up".  Not a lovely thought, but it is exactly how I felt.  So I went, and there was something that made me want to go back again the next week.  So, I went on my own.  I kept going and it was just a few weeks later that I answered the call to give my life to Jesus.

I believe that according to Romans 8:28 God led me to work for Mr. Humphrey.  What I have recently realized is that God put a passion on Charles Humphrey's heart to make disciples.  I finally get it!!  I get it because God has put the same passion in my heart.  I feel a sense of urgency to lead others to Jesus.  I can see what Mr. Humphrey was doing and I am so thankful for the passion God put on his heart to make disciples.  Our church is focused on making disciples and I'm seeing the same passion grow all around me. 

So, I wonder.  Do you want to go to church with me?  Could you step into my office for a few minutes?  You want to take a walk?  So, how are you today?  No I mean really, how are you today?  Hey man, you hungry?  Hi, I'm your neighbor and I'm starting a home group - you wanna come?  Would you mind if I prayed with you right now?

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,  
baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 
Matthew 28:19

Have a blessed weekend!
Yolanda, The McLean Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment