Saturday, June 15, 2013

Because Mom's Don't Really Like Bugs

Shawn declared this Mom and Son day because we are about to head to the woods where him, his Daddy, and Blake would be doing a lot of exploring.  I said that I like to explore too and he said that "Mom's don't really like bugs" and there would be a lot of bugs there.  So he gave his apologies to me about my extreme, no bug liking lameness and clung to me like an extra appendage all day.

Shawn and I went to WalMart to buy way too much stuff and he became distracted by the games in the electronic section - I told him that I would be in the camera section.  When I came out of the camera section he was standing there in the center aisle and came running to me with a distressed look on his face.  He told me how he was lost and he thought that I had left him at WalMart.  I was three rows over the entire time.  This happened at the beginning of our trip.  So, every time that I would go down an aisle and leave him at the cart he would relive the horror that was the time he was lost for three minutes while I was three aisles over but he would leave out the fact that he wasn't really lost.

There was a point when he became too weak to push the shopping cart any longer; no doubt because of the extreme lostness he had endured.  So, I pushed the cart and carried the 25 pound bag of dog food on my shoulder because of all the forgetting to remember dog food when we first started shopping  Oh, and dragged a kid at my waist that was saying "Momma don't leave me what if I get lost again" over and over.  A few people glared at me.  They were probably feeling sorry for that poor boy and it never even occurred to any of them to offer help with the 25 pound bag of dog food because this is what I deserve for losing my child.

I would like to thank Jen Hatmaker for allowing women everywhere to give honest answers.  When we went to pick Blake up he was playing a game on the computer.  He kept saying that he wanted to show me something and I said I can't look right now.  He asked why and I said "because I don't want to".  Guess what!!  He didn't keep asking me and I didn't have to keep watching the jumps or whatever it is that never goes like they want the first time so they have to show you infinity more times.

Tonight we are letting the boys stay up too late and I even allowed a drink in the living room.  That's me - a son losing, honest answer giving, allowing drinks in the living room, no bug liking Mom.

God bless you all!

Yolanda, The McLean Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment