Thursday, May 9, 2013

Daughters of the King



Daughters of the King
Last weekend was our women's retreat.  Our focus was on learning that we are Daughters of the King. Learning our value in Christ and how to properly demonstrate that we are Daughters of the King.  What struck me as I study this picture is the different events that have framed the lives of these women this year.  I know these women and I know the events therefore I know when to show them grace or extend extra love to them.  What about the women that we come across in everyday life that seem defeated and over-whelmed with life.  I have no clue what they are battling and I have sometimes assumed the worst of them.  Shame on me!

There are women in this picture that have these things going on:

  1. Just found out her home was robbed.
  2. Has been searching for a job for a long while.
  3. Felt that she was unworthy of the grace offered by Jesus Christ.
  4. Has been so damaged by her past that she feels unfit to lead.
  5. Has struggled to practice submissiveness and changed her marriage.
  6. Is expecting her first child.
  7. Recently lost her dear Mother.
  8. Believes that she is un-loved by her group of friends.
  9. Her husband has been changed due to some very difficult circumstances.
Oh, there's a lot more.  This really opens my eyes to how we treat people that we don't know or that we don't know very well.  How do I treat them?  Maybe I could focus more on getting to know them.  We weren't learning to demonstrate being a Daughter of the King so that we could just show our group of friends or our families, but to extend it to everyone.

You'll be glad to know that there were many victories for Christ this weekend!  There was healing in relationships and that woman who felt unworthy made a decision for Jesus Christ!  

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; 
old things have passed away; behold, 
all things have become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17

Have a blessed day!
The McLean Queen

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete