Saturday, April 20, 2013

Yellow Flowers

I started the day reading chapter four in A Confident Heart by Renee Swope.  This is a book that I'm studying in order to prepare for a small group for women that I'll be starting in our home.  The chapter deals with using the ugly past to help others that might be going thru similar struggles.  The author writes that she kept waiting for God to give her a new story to use.  She believed that the past was just too ugly to be shared.  As she grew in Christ she realized that she was being called to use that ugly past to give glory to God today.  

I began to review my past, all the failures and disappointments.  Just last week I was praying and I asked God what he wanted me to share with these women.  What I received was one word - TESTIMONY.  Romans 8:28 is God's promise to us that He will work things for good.  Using the stories of my ugly past could help bring healing to another woman today - this is working the ugly past for good.  I'm telling you God is so awesome that He can turn something so ugly into something so beautiful.   

Today David and I were at Lowe's buying flowers for our landscaping.  We had two red rose bushes and several flats of petunias.  The petunias were in beautiful shades of pink, purple, and red.  When I thought we were ready to check out, I couldn't find David.  I found him with a sales clerk.  He was trying to find some yellow flowers about the same size as the petunias to give a pop of yellow in our flower bed.  Now David could not care less about yellow flowers, but he knows that yellow flowers are my very favorite.  He wanted to be sure that I had some yellow flowers.  Now I know that this yellow flowers story has little to do with using your testimony for good, but my ugly past has been replaced with lovely yellow flowers.  Pink, purple, and red ones too!

If you are reading this post, you have been prayed for.  

Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death,
that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life.
                                                                 Romans 6:4

Have a blessed day!
Yolanda, the McLean Queen

1 comment: