Monday, September 24, 2012

Ten Thousand Years and Then Forevermore

Have you heard this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtwIT8JjddM

We sang this song in church yesterday.  That could be the end, because what else do you need.  As we were singing it and we got to this part;
You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find
I personally was overwhelmed with His goodness.  Slow to anger!  Rich in love!  Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find! I'm here to tell you, HIS MERCY and LOVE are OVERWHELMING!!!  There's more, we get to this part;
And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore
Do you even realize how long ten thousand years is?  It's not as long as forevermore!  We were singing about ETERNAL LIFE, the greatest gift.  Of course, I'm singing this standing right beside David and we're holding hands.  It occurs to me that in addition to all this wonder we are singing of, I also get to spend eternity with David.  After the song I whispered to David and asked if he knew how long forevermore was.  He knows.
Later in the evening David, Shawn, and I were at a birthday celebration.  I was temporarily sitting at the guys table listening to them talk about guy stuff.  Shawn was trying to show me something and I told him to give me a second.  He said "but you aren't even involved in the conversation".  I said, "but I'm listening and I enjoy listening to your Dad talk".  He said, "but you get to do that for the next 85 years".  I said, "that's right son, forevermore".  

Be blessed,
Yolanda, the McLean Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment