Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mary the Chocolate Pusher

Today I went to Costco to get some rotisserie chicken and spring salad mix for Bible study tonight and this is almost the first thing I saw when I walked in.  Well, it's the first thing I saw that stopped me in my tracks.

Mary the Chocolate Pusher
Everyone meet Mary the Chocolate Pusher!  Now she was not one bit pushy, but those chocolates laying there on that table were calling my name as I walked by.  Those chocolates were convincing me that I ate such a sensible lunch, and well breakfast hardly existed, oh and that elliptical workout last night - I'm still burning calories from that bad boy.  The truth is those chocolates don't really talk, I am addicted to food!  I celebrate life with food, I mourn disappointment with food, I reward accomplishments with food (even weight loss accomplishments). So I walked past Mary the Chocolate Pusher to pick up the healthy dinner I had planned.  I did sample the Fage Greek yogurt and I am a huge fan,  I've always loved this stuff, and I put some of that in my cart too.  As I was leaving I stopped and talked to Mary.  I asked her if I could take her picture for a weight loss group that I lead.  She started laughing and grabbed the big bag so that it could be seen in the picture.  By the way that bag is $11.99, I checked just in case ya'll wanted to know.  Oh, and I couldn't be rude so I had a single piece of the dark chocolate, it has natural antioxidants you know.  I logged it in my food journal, and it was worth all 40 of those calories.  Wow, it was delicious.

I survived this trip to Costo and I'm very aware how easily I'm tripped up to make poor food choices.  My eyes are open, you hear me Mary!!

Present your bodies a living sacrifice,
holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service. 
And do not be conformed to this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,
that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. 
                                                                                                 Romans 12:1-2
 
Stay strong my friends!
Yolanda, the McLean Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment