Friday, August 31, 2012

Birthday Blessings

My birthday was an awesome day, but the day after my birthday was even better.  David really spoiled me on my birthday.  He planned, he saved, he plotted, he anticipated, he doted, he catered to me and he loved doing it.  My friends also went out of their way to let me know that I am loved.  So, the day after my birthday I was a little overwhelmed.  I felt extremely loved and I received the love.  I try to apply God's truth to all areas of my life and see what He would have me see.  I'm pretty sure that God's truth is not a focus on the material gifts I received, although they were more than I dreamed.  Oh, and there were flowers delivered at work, I think all girls want flowers at work even though we know they are more expensive. The real gift that occurred to me is that as much as David loves me, Christ loves me more.  So, why do I not fully receive the love Christ has given, gives, and will give?  Why do I ever walk around defeated when I have the greatest Love that ever could be?  So, as I thought this thru I began to feel like a real queen.  Not just the McLean Queen, but His queen!  According to 1 Peter 2:9, we are royalty!

But you are a chosen generation, 
a royal priesthood, a holy nation, 
His own special people, 
that you may proclaim the praises of Him 
who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
                                                                     1 Peter 2:9 

I sent David an email when I came to this realization telling him that I wanted to remember this feeling and for him to ask me about it.  I wanted him to know that it wasn't the gifts, but it was his preparation, his saving money, his being so careful to surprise me, his premeditation that made me feel overwhelming love.  It was his display of love for me that concreted HIS love for me.  That is the greatest gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment